Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Binky Free?

We really hadn't thought much about when to take pacifiers away from the boys but an opportunity presented itself last Thursday and we took advantage of it.  I took Trey and Ty to visit David at work.  When we got there around 1:00 pm he put their binkies in his pocket and I forgot them when we left.  We had several errands to run and didn't get home until around 5:30.  I realized that they had gone 4 1/2 hours without the pacifiers so I mentioned it to David.  He said we should try to put them to bed without them.  Trey went to bed without any problems but we gave Ty's to him when he woke up crying.  I thought, oh well we can make it a rule that they can only have them at bed time.  They didn't have their binkies all day Friday.  They both cried at bedtime so we gave them the pacifiers but soon regretted it when we realized that they were just crying because they didn't want to go to bed.  I am happy to report that they have not had pacifiers since they woke up Saturday morning!  I think we are done with them for good (knock on wood) and I am pleased that it was a much easier transition than I anticipated.  Hopefully potty training will be as easy!

1 comment: