Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, November 1, 2010

Baby Cereal Pancakes

I have SO much baby cereal in my cabinet and I hardly ever feed it to the boys.  I was so happy when I came across a recipe for baby cereal pancakes on wholesomebabyfood.com!  I frequent the site a lot but I somehow missed the recipe until now.  The recipe is as follows:

1 cup whole wheat flour


1/2 cup baby barley cereal (or other commercial baby cereal)

1 cup formula (or another liquid such as milk)

1/2 cup mashed banana (or fruit of your choice)

1 tbsp melted margarine or butter (unsalted type)

3 egg yolks

1/2 cup baby oatmeal ( commercial baby cereal)

apple juice (about 1/2 cup) or use water if you prefer



Add cinnamon, nutmeg, dash of vanilla or other flavorings if you wish.



Mix all ingredients together and add enough juice to make pancake consistency. Cook on cook top in frying pan as with "regular" pancakes.


I can't wait to try the recipe.  The only problem is that I'm not very good at making pancakes.  I guess this will give me a lot of practice!

1 comment: